ComiXology & Zenith Press forge alliance to bring historical graphic novels to the world of digital comics
Digital comics are much more than just superheroes in capes or cute talking animals, they can actually be educational too! Thanks to a new alliance between global digital comics giant ComiXology and Zenith Press, a leading publisher of military history and aviation books, US history to set to come to life for millions to digital comic lovers via a raft of new titles on the globe-spanning digital storefront.
Illustrated and written by Wayne Vansant, these 100% historically accurate graphic history books bring to life some of our nation’s most pivotal moments in history through “Illustration that truly captures the agony, worry, frustration, danger, and action of war” (– Wired.com).
Zenith Press graphic history books include:
- Gettysburg: The Graphic History of America’s Most Famous Battle and the Turning Point of The Civil War(AVAILABLE NOW)
- Grant vs. Lee: The Graphic History of the Civil War’s Greatest Rivals During the Last Year of the War(AVAILABLE NOW)
WORLD WAR I
- The Red Baron: The Graphic History of Richthofen’s Flying Circus and the Air War in WWI (AVAILABLE MAY 2014)
WORLD WAR II
- Bombing Nazi Germany: The Graphic History of the Allied Air Campaign That Defeated Hitler in World War II (AVAILABLE NOW)
- Normandy: A Graphic History of D-Day, The Allied Invasion of Hitler’s Fortress Europe (AVAILABLE NOW)
Zenith Press graphic histories are “an excellent choice for introducing younger readers to the battle, a worthwhile read for anyone wanting an overview of the crisis… and it can remind us of why we got interested in history in the first place”(– ArmchairGeneral.com).
Writer and artist Wayne Vansant (Mableton, Georgia), who served in the U.S. Navy during Vietnam, was the primary artist for Marvel’s The ’Nam for more than five years. Wayne is one of the foremost writer/artists working in military-themed graphic nonfiction today.