What would you do if you felt the quality of comics on the iPad wasn’t up to scratch? Most people would just grumble and moan and keep buying inferior books, but publisher Russell Willis took matters into his own hands, created his own comics platform inventing the ‘deluxe digital graphic novel’. Taking existing books from some of his favourite writer/artists, Russell developed his own publishing platform along with his Panel Nine app development team in Tokyo, approaching the artists in question to record an in-depth audio commentary to give the books that extra layer of interactivity. After the success of his first release, From Hell artist Eddie Campbell’s Dapper John , he has followed it up with hard boiled crime drama Kickback from V For Vendetta artist David Lloyd. We got in touch with Russell to ask him how he came up with the idea for the deluxe graphic novel and what he think s makes this format so great for the iPad.
- 10 live-action remakes of comic book movies we can’t wait to see!
- Nominees announced for Best Digital Comic Eisner Award 2014
- Sunday Digest 13/4/14 – this weekend’s must read digital comics include Amazing Spider-man Infinite, Archer Coe and Needles and Dust.
- Amazon and ComiXology: What does this new acquisition mean for digital comics?
- Top Shelf Comics and SEQUENTIAL to release new digital graphic novel for the iPad