What would you do if you felt the quality of comics on the iPad wasn’t up to scratch? Most people would just grumble and moan and keep buying inferior books, but publisher Russell Willis took matters into his own hands, created his own comics platform inventing the ‘deluxe digital graphic novel’. Taking existing books from some of his favourite writer/artists, Russell developed his own publishing platform along with his Panel Nine app development team in Tokyo, approaching the artists in question to record an in-depth audio commentary to give the books that extra layer of interactivity. After the success of his first release, From Hell artist Eddie Campbell’s Dapper John , he has followed it up with hard boiled crime drama Kickback from V For Vendetta artist David Lloyd. We got in touch with Russell to ask him how he came up with the idea for the deluxe graphic novel and what he think s makes this format so great for the iPad.
Top Posts & Pages
- How to submit a comic for review at Pipedream Comics
- Top 10 ComiXology alternatives
- "At a time when there was minimal space sci-fi around I wanted to create something that filled the void." Shaun Dobie talks Descending Outlands
- About us
- "We celebrate the independent comic creators that come to Melksham" Melksham Comic Con 2015 organiser Hayley Spencer on this year's event
- Black Mask Studios comes to ComiXology and Amazon
- Can’t read ComiXology Comics offline? We can help!
- “The beginning of the French Invasion” Delcourt and ComiXology to debut 150 exclusive new English language titles on digital comics platform
- Image Comics Expo 2015 announcements revealed: inc. Brian K Vaughan’s The Private Eye comes to print and Walking Dead comes to Panel Syndicate!
- Digital comic book sales in 2014 top $100 million as market hits 20 year high!
- Batman ’66 #67-68 (DC Comics)
- Wart – A Cosmic Horror Comic Book #1 and #2 (WartComic)
- The Curse of the Wendigo #1 and #2 (Delcourt-Soleil)
- Adventures in Pulp presents: Volume 1 #1 and #2
- Descending Outlands #1 (Evil Kat Studios)
- Digital Indie Comics Round-up (August 2015) Universe #3, To A Pulp, Atom Jacket
- Power Up #1 (Boom Studios)
- Dash #1-3 (Northwest Press)
- Wolf #1 (Image Comics)
- Bloodstrike Vol. 2 #1 (Image Comics)