Why not Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!
- Currently reading The Eighth Seal by @JamesTheFourth and @JeremyRock_ - excellent horror/political thriller from @thrillbent
- Preview: Subatomic Party Girls #1 & Knuckleheads #2 (from @Monkeybrain_inc @brianwinkeler & @robertwilsoniv)
- “People get distracted by the technology of #digitalcomics” Moth City's @Tim__Gibson on @comixology & @thrillbent
- “People get distracted by the technology of digital comics” Moth City creator Tim Gibson talks ComiX...
- "@Oeming creates adult superheroes that don’t feel cliched or sensationalist" in @DarkHorseComics The Victories #1
- Preview: Subatomic Party Girls #1 & Knuckleheads #2 (MonkeyBrain Comics)
- “People get distracted by the technology of digital comics” Moth City creator Tim Gibson talks ComiXology Submit, digital distribution and the secret to a good season finale!
- PIpedream Pull List: The Victories #1 (Dark Horse Comics)
- Thrillbent release awesome trailer for launch of Tim Gibson’s Moth City
- “Digital distribution makes independence possible” Stephan Franck discusses his new title Silver and Dark Planet Comics
Category Archives: Interview
“People get distracted by the technology of digital comics” Moth City creator Tim Gibson talks ComiXology Submit, digital distribution and the secret to a good season finale!
Writer/artist Tim Gibson made his name working for Peter Jackson’s Weta in his native New Zealand, which may sound like a dream job for many, but what he really wanted to do was make comics. Thanks to the new ‘can … Continue reading
“Digital distribution makes independence possible” Stephan Franck discusses his new title Silver and Dark Planet Comics
Stephan Franck wanted to make the move from animation to digital comics, but rather wait for the big companies to come knocking he decided to start his own – Dark Planet Comics - and release his own titles the way he … Continue reading
“I love that every time you turn the page on an iOS device what’s coming next is a surprise” Kinski creator Gabriel Hardman discusses the best of digital comics and how to name a pet
From pulp superheroes and gangsters to psychic estate agents and pigeons, MonkeyBrain Comic‘s roster is nothing if not eclectic. The latest title to join this family of misfits is Kinski from Star Wars Legacy artist Gabriel Hardman. This brilliant lo-fi … Continue reading
“It’s a great way to showcase up and coming creators” Glenn Møane discusses digital only comics anthology Outré Press
Free Comic Book Day was a fantastic way to help bring people into the world of comics and get them into comic book stores. But for those operating in the digital space it was also a great opportunity to pick … Continue reading
“Mice Templar is extremely similar to Game of Thrones…but on a really small scale” Michael Avon Oeming and Bryan J.L Glass discuss the Mice Templar
This week sees the launch of the second episode of the new series of the brilliant Mice Templar from Image Comics and Bryan J.L Glass, Michael Avon Oeming and Victor Santos. Since we last saw Karic of Cricket’s Glen things have … Continue reading
Time travel, techno music and tannerins – we talk to Curt Pires and Dalton Rose about new series Theremin from MonkeyBrain Comics
Packed full of time-travelling Russians and turn of the century techno wizardry this week sees the launch of the brilliant Theremin from MonkeyBrain Comics. From the spaced out imagination of writer Curt Pires and Phabula artist Dalton Rose, this gem of a … Continue reading
“We wanted to make this available to the widest audience possible” Fantasy author Joe Abercrombie and editor Rich Young reveal the secrets behind the new digital comic adaptation of The First Law: The Blade Itself
Author Joe Abercrombie has sold more than 2 million copies of his The First Law trilogy in 26 languages, and is now set to conquer the world of digital comics with his first book, The Blade Itself being turned into an … Continue reading
“We wanted to make the definitive crime comic about Encounter Cops – blending fact and fiction” Saurav Mohapatra reveals the true story of Mumbai Confidential
Last week saw the brilliant Mumbai Confidential from Archaia Entertainment released as a complete collection on both ComiXology and as a hardback graphic novel. This brilliantly gritty, tense crime noir set on the monsoon lashed streets of Mumbai is a fantastic take … Continue reading
“We were definitely going for a sitcom vibe” How Arrested Development and Peep Show inspired Knuckleheads creators Brian Winkeler and Robert Wilson to create the ‘Odd Couple’ of superheroes
Any book that features a lead character called ‘Hot Drunk English Chick‘ and uses the futility of Cloverfield as a reference point when confronted with a giant monster attack is going to be a hit in our books. So after … Continue reading
“For every Kirkman there’s a thousand creators like me, working day jobs and squeezing in their art when they can” Skybreaker creator Michael Moreci discusses the new frontier of digital comics and the lure of the wild west
The guys at MonkeyBrain Comics are churning out so many new comics at the moment it’s like they’re trying to create their own version of Marvel Now or DC’s 52 – but with a much higher hit rate! The latest … Continue reading